Monday, October 15, 2012

Isiore

It took Crystal a little while to make it here. I was expecting her to show up sooner since I posted my location. But she found me non-the-less. I was staying in a separate location from the other runners, along with Keursio. The two of us were in a warehouse when Crystal and the armored character, Chinmoku arrived. As soon as they entered, I locked onto Chinmoku and Keursio's minds. They were completely immobile, and could not perceive what was happening. It was just me and Crystal.

"Good to see you again," I said, beginning to approach her. She raised her gun.
"Don't move," she said to me.

No problem. I altered her perception, giving the illusion I was standing in the same place, when in reality I was moving closer to her.

"You wouldn't shoot me, would you?" I asked. I already knew the answer.
"I'm under orders," she said. "I have to bring you back to our Master."
"Do you always do what you're told?" I asked. "If he wanted you to kill the man you love, would you?"
"I don't want to," she said. "But if I have to..."
"I know you won't kill me," I said, now right in front of her.
"I-" she started to say, but she couldn't seem to think of what to say. I had my fake self move some to the left, and her gun followed him.
"I know how you feel," I said. "I know everything about you."
"Then you know why I can't betray Master," she said.
"I know," I said. "But I won't come quietly."

My fake self drew his glave and moved forward. She fired a warning shot that wizzed straight by my fake self's head. The bullet shot through some crates at the back of the warehouse, but I made her perceive things differently. the bullet ricocheted off of a metal pole and hit my fake self in the back of the skull.

She was shocked. She collapsed, unable to believe what I had convinced her happened. She started to weep uncontrollably. I leaned down to her level and cleared the illusions from her mind. She opened her eyes and saw me in front of her. I leaned in and kissed her.

She froze. She hadn't been expecting that to happen. While I had her distracted, I tapped into her hypothalamus, causing her to fall asleep.

I took her weapons and approached Chinmoku. I snapped my fingers and Keursio came to.

"What just happened?" she asked.
"Just a little conversation," I told her.

I reached up and removed the metal helmet Chinmoku wore, revealing her face. Keursio gasped.

"That's-" she said.
"Isiore," I finished for her. "Your older sister. The two of you were separated 300 years ago."

I snapped my fingers and she regained consciousness.

"You!" she said.
"I know why you're here," I said. "You were siding with the Slender proxies so that you could find Keursio. Well, here she is."

Isiore and Keursio had a nice little reunion.

I left. Now that those two are together again, Keursio doesn't need me anymore. I left with the other runners. I won't be giving my location away again.

No comments:

Post a Comment