Friday, May 17, 2013

Flying On Wings Of Sound


We were attacked while we were looking for Isaac. We were at the top of a building, trying to get a bird's eye view of the city, when a woman approached us.

“Hello there,” she said. “You two are acquaintances of Isaac O'Zalia, correct?”
“What if we are?” Sound asked.
“You see, I'm trying to get in touch with him,” she said. “I could use your help.”
“Well, we don't know where he is or how to find him,” Sound said.
“I know,” she said, drawing a sword. “But I figure that if his friends die, he'll come straight to me, looking for vengeance.”
“Who are you?” Sound demanded, drawing his Sonic Sword.
“My name is Asmodian,” she said. He hair and eyes turned red as she spoke.
“You're a Blood Vessel,” Sound said.
“That's right,” she said, smiling. “And you know what that means, right?”
“It means you enjoy pain,” Sound said. “I'll just have to kill you quickly, then.”

They charged at each other, fighting ferociously. Sound seemed to have the upper hand for most of the fight, until she lifted a hand and he was sent flying backwards, landing a few feet from me.

“What was that?” he demanded.
“An Aero Pulse,” she said. “It's my Emissary power.”
“You're an Emissary!?” I demanded.
“An Intended Emissary,” she said. “I was claimed by the Red Cap before the Game Master could return for me. much like your friend Isaac.”

Sound tried to get back to his feet, but she hit him with another Aero Pulse, knocking him over the edge of the building.

“Sound!” I shouted.
“Don't worry about him,” she said. “He'll be dead before he hits the ground. Now, to deal with y-”

She paused and stared at my stomach for a moment, then she broke into maniacal laughter.

“Oh, Isaac O'Zalia is gonna be pissed when I kill you, isn't he!?” She said, still laughing.

She took a step forward, but before she could get any further, Sound landed right in front of her. He had changed. His back was turned to me, so I could see his face, but what I could see was a pair of sinuous wings sprouting from his back. He stretched out and clawed hand and stabbed his fingers into her chest. She gasped in both surprise and pain.

“What the fuck are you!?” she asked.
“My name is Jerome Welric,” he said. “And your power is nothing compared to mine.”

He ripped his hand out of her chest, and I could see her still beating heart clenched in his fist. She collapsed to the ground. He turned to face me. I could now see that his face and eyes looked more sunken, and a pair of bone horns were growing from his forehead. His eyes had also turned a deep, blood red. His face contorted in pain as his wing and horns retracted beneath his skin and his features returned to normal.

“I swear to god, in gets harder to change back every time,” he muttered.
“What was that?” I asked him.
“It's nothing,” he said.
“It was definitely something!” I said. “You had wings!”
“I don't wanna talk about it,” he said.
“But-” I began, but he interrupted.
“I. Don't. Want. To talk. About. It,” he said. “Come on, let's go.”

He started walking, and didn't say another word.

Sound... just what the hell are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment