Thursday, May 30, 2013

Meeting

I saw that post by Myrir. Yes, I did give her her password back. Felt like I should. And, of course, she's looking for me, along with Jerome. What occurred in their last post interested me, so after much thought, I decided to lead them to me telepathically. Took them a while, but when I felt them close, I woke up Kord and went to meet with them. I left Wildfire to guard the others. I thought it was best to leave her behind, since Sound seems to be hunting her down.

We met them in a park. There were other people there, so none of us would be dumb enough to try anything. As soon as I saw Myrir, I realized there was something different about her, and it didn't take me long to figure it out.

“There is a thing in your stuff!” I blurted out. I couldn't help it. She immediately facepalmed when I said it.
“Yes, I'm pregnant,” she replied.
“With Malkator's kid?” I asked.
“Yes,” she said.
“Holy shit,” I said. “That is... um... congratulations?”

I honestly wasn't sure how to react to that.

“Why did you lead us straight to you?” Jerome asked. “Up til now you've been specifically avoiding all proxies. So why allow us to find you?”
“Because I want to know more about your Emissary power,” I said.
“This guy's an Emissary!?” Kord said.
Keep it down! I hissed in his head. We're in public. We have to keep this kind of stuff low key.
Sorry, Kord thought back at me.
“Yes, I am an Emissary,” Jerome confessed.
“Really?” Myrir asked him. “But, how come you never told us?”
“And how come you didn't already know?” Kord asked me. “You're a mind reader, aren't you?”
“Jerome was my best friend when I first became a proxy,” I said. “He and I had an agreement that I would never probe around inside his head like I do with most other people.”
“True,” Jerome said. “My father, Dr. Gary Welric, was an Emissary. And so am I. I was granted an ability as a child, but I ran away and became a proxy around the same time as Isaac.”
“And what exactly is your power?” I asked.
“Demon physiology,” he replied. “Flight, claws, the works. Problem is, each time I enter my demon form, it becomes increasingly difficult for me to revert to my human form.”
“I see,” I said. “So, next question; what is it you want with Wildfire?”
“I've been ordered to investigate her activity,” he replied.
“And?” I asked.
“Depending on the circumstances, I may be ordered to kill her,” he said.
“What kind of circumstances?” I asked.
“I don't know,” he said. “I'm just following orders.”
“At the moment, she's helping me deal with some other Emissaries,” I said. “One of which I believe you killed.”
“Asmodian,” he said. “She was nothing. So, what do we do from here?”
“Depends,” I said. “It's been nice catching up with you two, but I can't allow any servants to find where my runners are hiding.”
“You don't trust us?” Jerome asked.
“Barely,” I said. “We were friends before, but you both still serve the Slender Man. What's to stop him from following you to me?”
“Even if he didn't follow us, you can't hide from the Fears forever,” he said.
“I know,” I said. “But I plan to keep these people safe as long as I can.”
“I have no intention of harming them,” he said. “I can't say the same for our Master-”
Your Master,” I corrected him.
“Whatever,” he said. “Look, you and I share a common enemy right now. I also have orders to kill Nolla Row.”
“And why does Slender Dick want her dead?” I asked.
“I don't know, but each one of us is opposed to her right now,” he said.
“Are you proposing that we work together?” I asked.
“Yes,” he replied.
“Fine,” I said. “But if either of you try anything funny, I won't hesitate to wipe your memories and leave. I agreed I wouldn't read your mind, but I can still alter it.”
“Okay,” he said. “Where do we begin?”
“We still need to figure that out,” I said.


So, we're working together now. Still need a plan, and we still need to find the Emissaries. Til then, we're laying low.

No comments:

Post a Comment