Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fury

We all met tonight to discuss possible locations of our enemies. We were ambushed. Not by Nolla Row's group, but by someone else. He came out of no where, covered from head to toe with bandages. He raised a hand and sent Wildfire crashing through some crates. As if she wasn't injured enough. Kord rushed forward and punched him right in the jaw. He was completely unfazed by it. He simply swiped his arm, striking Kord in the chest and knocking him into a wall a few feet away. Sound tried to fight him next, kicking him in the Solar Plexus and face, then punched him twice in the face. He then drew his Sonic Sword and sung it, but this time he blocked with his forearm and corkscrew punched Sound so hard that I could hear his nose breaking. Sound fell unconscious just as Kord got back to his feet. He fired a soundwave from his mouth, but the bandaged man stopped it with one had and sent it back at him, slamming Kord into the wall with enough force to leave cracks. Kord slumped down, unconscious.

He turned his attention to me next. I couldn't see his eyes through those bandages, but I'm pretty sure he could see me. Isaac grabbed me by the wrist and took off.

“Where are you dragging me!?” I asked him in between pants.
“Away from that thing!” Isaac replied. “If Malkator were still around, he would kill me if I let something happen to you!”
“Who is that guy anyway?” I asked.
“I can't read his mind, so I can't say for sure,” Isaac said. “All I can say is that he's just as powerful as the Game Master.”
“Are you sure?” I asked.
“I can feel his power,” Isaac said. “He's exactly as powerful as-”

He stopped dead in his tracks without finishing his sentence. The bandaged man had appeared at the end of the alleyway we were running down. I drew my handgun and shot at him, but the bullet stopped in midair three inches from his face.

“Shit!” I said. I turned to Isaac and asked “Any ideas?”
“I'll see if a mental blast'll work on his,” he replied.

He tried to do just that, but it failed. That man didn't just resist the mental attack; he completely reflected it back at Isaac. He fell over, clutching his head, and fell unconscious. The bandaged man began walking toward me, stopping just a few feet away. He was about to kill me. I could tell.

“Who are you!?” I demanded. He cocked his head to the side, as if he didn't understand the question. “Who are you!?” I asked again. “What's your name!”

He looked up to the sky. After a moment, he swung his hand in front of me, and a series of gashed appeared on the ground at my feet, spelling out a single word; FURY.

“Fury?” I asked. “Is that your name?”

He nodded. He then raised a hand, pulling it into a fist and drawing it back, ready to punch me, but before he could, another fist collided with his chest, knocking him out of the alley and into the middle of the street. It was Isaac. But he was different. His white hair had become jet-black, and the air around him shuddered.

“That was incredible!” I said. “How did you hit that hard!?”
“Reality's my bitch!” Isaac said, turning to me with a malevolent smile on his face. “I'm exactly as strong as I perceive myself to be!”

Fury appeared again, a few feet away. Isaac drew his glave and charged, but Fury was able to stop his blade with his hand. The two of them began fighting viciously. Isaac kept tearing reality apart to summon weapons from nothing, and the Fury kept blocking his attacks and manipulating objects from a distance to fight with. The fight didn't last long, though. After a while, Isaac began coughing up blood and passed out.

Fury paused for a moment to catch his breath before before approaching me again. However, he didn't move after that. He just looked at me for a while.

“What are you waiting for?” A voice asked. I looked past Fury to see Martyr Beta. “She's your target! Finish her!”

Fury ignored him. He turned around and began walking away from me.

“What are you doing!?” Martyr Beta demanded. “Kill her!”

Fury waved a hand and the words DON'T FEEL LIKE IT became gauged into the wall. He then disappeared.

“Who is that!?” I demanded.
“A hassle is what he is,” Martyr Beta said. “I already got one kid to babysit, and then the Archive goes and shoves their super weapon on me to take care of. A real pain in the ass.”
“Super weapon?” I asked.
“What does that mean?”
“It means that those who cross the Archive will learn to regret it,” he said. “You're off the hook this time, but you won't be as lucky the next time you cross paths with the Fury.”

He left. I regrouped with the others and we're treating Wildfire and Isaac's injuries. I don't know what happened to Isaac back then. He was using his control over reality recklessly, without caring about what it did to his body. He seems to be okay now. His hair's even turned white again.


But Fury.... just who is that guy? And why is he so powerful? I'll have to watch my back from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment