Thursday, August 15, 2013

Isaac Malkator

Well, I've had a pretty crazy night. It all started when Myrir said those three magic words.

“My water broke!”

As you can probably guess, I freaked the fuck out.

“Oh god!” I said. “What do I do!?”
“You have to help deliver this child!” she said.
“I can't deliver a child!” I said. “What the hell makes you think I can deliver a child!?”
“You're as good a doctor as anyone within range of your telepathy!” she said. “You've said so several times!”
“Yes!” I agreed. “But this is childbirth!”
“Damn it, Isaac, help me give birth or I swear-!” she said. She didn't really need to finish the sentence. I could read her thoughts, and they weren't pretty.

So, I got to work. Lucky for me, I was able to find a doctor with my telepathy who was helping with childbirth. I stayed in contact with his mind the whole time so I'd know what the fuck I was doing.

“Wildfire, Sound, hold her hands!” I instructed. “And Kord!”
“Yes?” he asked.
“Use your weird sound powers to turn down the volume of her screams!” I said. “It's really distracting!”

I'll spare you all the details of the childbirth, but the baby was delivered safely. Relieved, I fell over onto my back and closed my eyes. I could hear the others talking a few feet away.

“What is it?” Sound asked. “A boy or a girl?”
“It's a boy,” Myrir said.
“What are you gonna name him?” Wildfire asked.
“I haven't really thought about that,” Myrir said. “I guess maybe Scott.”
“Don't name him Scott! I said. “Scott's a stupid name!”
“Then how about I name him after you?” she said.
“Please don't,” I said.
“Too late, I'm doing it anyway!” she said.
“You bitch,” I said.
“Isaac Malkator,” she said. “I think it has a nice ring to it.”

It was about that moment that I felt a presence. I raised my head to see the Fury standing a few yards away from us.

“What the fuck are you doing here!?” I demanded. Every looked where I was facing, and drew back when they saw him there.
He raised a hand, and the words I'M NOT SURE, became gashed into the ground in front of him, followed by I HAD A FEELING I SHOULD COME HERE.
“Just who the fuck are you!?” I demanded, getting to my feet and walking over to him.
He raised a hand again, and more words became engraved into a nearby wall. I DON'T KNOW.

I tried to speak, but I stopped myself. I couldn't read his mind, but I didn't need to. There was just this... feeling, that I got from him. This guy honestly had no idea who he was. Whatever identity he used to have was gone, stolen by the Archive.

He raised his hand once more, engraving some more words into the wall.

I MEAN YOU NO HARM AS OF NOW, BUT IF YOU CONTINUE TO OPPOSE THE ARCHIVE, IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY SEND ME AFTER YOU AGAIN.


With that, he vanished. I don't understand. There's something about him. Something I can't quite put my finger on. Just who is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment