Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gift

I had an encounter with my old “Master” the other night. I was patrolling by myself, on the outskirts of the City we're currently in. A powerful presence suddenly appeared behind me, and I immediately turned around. His tentacles surrounded me, grasping my limbs and lifting me into the air.

“What are you doing!?” I demanded.
You're time is drawing to a close, his voice sounded in my head. Even with the extension Jack granted to your life span, your Enhancement will soon take its toll.

He was right. I was noticing the symptoms. The coughing, the chest pains. I wouldn't live much longer.
His tentacles wrapped around more and more of my body, binding my head tightly. Some of them passed beneath my skin, entangling my heart and lungs.

You're going to kill me, aren't you? I thought.
Of course not, He replied. I still need you alive.

I felt him pouring more of his energy into my body. It was painful. Even worse than the first time he enhanced me.

What is this!? I demanded.
Some time ago, an Enhanced from another universe came here, He said. He was superior to anything I ever created in this world. He is dead now, but in the time he was here, I observed him. I learned how to fix some of the flaws in the Enhancement process.

My skull and chest were burning up. The pain was almost unbearable. But I fought it as much as I could.

Why are you doing this? I asked.
As I said, I need you alive, He answered. Who else could defeat Nolla Row?
I can think of plenty of people who could fight her, I replied.
As could I, He said. But you're the one who needs to face her. You're the one who must settle things.
And why's that? I asked.
You'll understand soon, He said. I believe I'm finished now.

He dropped me to the ground. The burning faded. I felt better. The chest pains were completely gone.

You are still imperfect, He said. But you should be more than able to deal with her.
Why are you so willing to help me after what you did to my family? I asked him.
You've yet to understand anything, He said. You will soon understand why your parents are dead. And more importantly, you will learn who Nolla Row is, and why you are the only one who can fight her on even grounds.

He then vanished.


I don't know what he's talking about, but I'd say that his reason for killing my parents is far mor important than Nolla Row's true identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment