Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another Failure

The Illusionist woke us all up unreasonably early this morning. He brought me and Sound to the top of a building where we were supposed to wait for Malkator. Gamer and Lotus were still out of commision because of their injuries. I'm not sure why we had to get there that early, because I had enough time to drink two Monsters before he showed up.

He examined us all for a minute. I could hear The Illusionist inside my head the entire time saying Don't worry, he hasn't recognized either of you yet. He does find your mask amusing, though..

The Illusionist and Malkator talked for a little while. I was only half paying attention. I was still a little tired. The Illusionist opened a Path and instructed us to follow him. After some time, he stopped us, and I heard his voice telling us to hide in the trees and provide covering fir while he and Malkator. Stupid of him to ask two really tired people to handle sniper rifles.

We positioned ourselves within the forest. When I looked upon the seen, I saw Ren, drinking blood from the bleeding tree. He then got up and started talking to them.

Then The Illusionist spoke to me, saying Be ready, shit's about to hit the fan. Sure enough, a fight broke out. I couldn't get a good shot at Ren the entire time. Suddenly, a man with an over-sized samurai sword appeared out of nowhere between them. There was another conversation. I couldn't here any of it, but I noticed The Illusionist laughing the whole time.

Then they appeared. The Master behind The Illusionist, The Doctor behind Ren, The Puppeteer behind the new person, and The Grandfather behind Malkator. I was terrified. Four of the deadliest Fears had gathered together to witness this fight.

Then The Master began speaking through The Illusionist. His voice was so powerful that I could here it from my position. "This is quite a sight. A Bleeding Tree hybrid created by the Doctor, an Ex-Archive Demi-God, a 300-year-old Willing Doll, and one of my most powerful Enhance. This will truly be a fight to behold." I think Malkator questioned him on the newcomers status, because He continued with "Yes. He is one of her deadliest servants."

Then The Illusionist said something, and a couple seconds later, the others were caught in his illusion. Ren fell on his back and stayed that way as if pinned there by swords, the Willing Doll began swinging his sword wildly as if he was battling invisible knights, and Malkator dropped to his knees in pain. The Illusionist stood over him, with his spear raised to his face. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't raise my weapon against The Illusionist, but I couldn't let him kill Malkator either. Before I could decide what to do, Malkator shouted something out and kicked The Illusionist in the face.

That was enough to break the illusion for the other two. Ren immediately charged at Malkator. I didn't hesitate this time. I shot that bastard square in the chest. Then the Willing Doll got in a sword fight with Malkator. The fight was too fast-paced for me to get a clear shot. The Doll quickly disarmed Malkator and kicked him in the chest. I was about to fire again, but without warning the Blind Man raised his hand and he was sent flying. So yeah, apparently the Blind Man can use the force. Who knew?

Malkator stood up to question the Blind Man on his motives. He didn't notice Ren getting to his feet. By the time Malkator noticed, he was already caught in Ren's vice like tree-grip. I tried firing another shot, but nothing happened. How stupid of me. I forgot to cock the gun again after that last shot. If I had had enough sleep last night, I might've been focused enough to remember that step. There was a sudden flash of bright, multicolored light, and Malkator vanished. Ren seemed shocked, but he almost immediately turned his attention to the Doll.

His arm shrunk to it's normal size. His skin suddenly became covered by a thick armor of tree-bark, and a sword-sized thorn appeared in his hand. He entered a battle stance, challenging the Doll to a one-on-one fight. The Doll raised his own sword, as if accepting the challenge.

Then The Illusionist spoke up. Jerome! Myrir! We're retreated! Leave, Now!


I returned my rifle to it's holster. Before I fled, I could swear I saw the Blind Man pick a few things up off the ground and vanish.

We're now back at the base. I treated The Illusionist's injuries. His nose is broken and he's got a nasty bruise on his cheek. After that I went to go catch up lost sleep. Then I woke up and started making this post.

So yeah, that's what happened. We have no idea where Malkator vanished to. I have to go, Sound's asking a bunch of annoying questions. Idiot.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of The Blind Man using The Force. I have heard of him slicing people to bits with pieces of paper and/or dust though.

    His powers are some of the more reserved and unknown of all of us.

    ReplyDelete