Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Truth About Isaac

He decided to let me meet his family today. I was a little shocked to learn his parents were still alive. I kind of assumed the Slender Man made his servants kill their parents. I guess that's not always the case. They seemed nice, but I think his mom thought we were a couple. Yeah right. He's my team's leader, and nothing more.

I also met his little brother. A little 10-year-old named Adam. They had an interesting conversation when they saw each other.

"Hey, Adam," Isaac said. "How you been?"
"I've been doing great!" Adam replied.
"How's school?" Isaac asked.
"It's going fine."
"Are your grade good?"
"Yep!"
"Anyone bullying you?"
"This one guy was for a little while, but the teacher made him stop."
The next question was where it got weird.
"Have you seen the ghost lately?" Isaac asked.
"No," Adam replied. "He left for some reason."
Isaac smiled. "That's because big brother told him to scram."
"Yeah!" Adam said excitedly. "Even the ghost has to do what you say, because my big brother is a super hero!"
"Yeah," Isaac said, starting to seem a little sad. "A super hero. Right."

Isaac explained it all to me later, while we were drinking coffee.
Slender Man was stalking my brother before, He said to me in thought speak.
I figured that was it, I thought back.
I was always a really smart kid, He explained. I got excellent grades, I learned things quickly, I had excellent logic, but there was a down side to all that.
And what would that be? I asked.
I was also born with a heightened awareness of the supernatural, He said. I could see Slender Man when no one else aside from Adam could. It didn't take me long to figure out that he had taken an interest in my brother. I didn't know exactly what he wanted though. Then one day, I saw a youtube video called "Concrete Giraffes."
Concrete Giraffes? I asked.
Yeah, He replied. It was a parody video made by Littlekuribo
Little what? I asked.
He's the guy who makes Yu-Gi-Oh the abridged series, He explained. Don't judge me. Anyway, I saw the ghost in that video, and for the first time, I learned his name. Slender Man. So I did some research, and I learned exactly what he was and what he was after.
So what did you do? I inquired.
I offered myself to him, He explained. He agreed to leave my brother alone, provided I do every thing he asked of me. And so I became a proxy. I followed all of his orders. When he says "Jump", I say "How high?". Then, on day he started the Enhancement experiment. The process was painful, and the proxies who volunteered for it often lost their lives. Those who didn't die gain extraordinary strength and speed, but their lifespans became severely short. One day, he asked me to become an enhanced. I didn't like the idea, but if it would keep my family safe, I was more than willing to put my life in danger.
What was it like? I asked curiously.
The worst pain I could ever imagine, He said. I'm not sure how I managed to survive it. More curious was the nature of my abilities. Rather than my body, it was my mind that became en-


He was cut off by Adam's scream coming from the next room.
"It's Master," Isaac said. "Adam saw him outside."
We went to Adam, and I think Isaac wiped his memory, because when his parents asked what was wrong, he seemed convinced that he had seen a coyote. Isaac and I agreed to go investigate.

And so we went outside to where Slender Man was waiting by a patch of trees.
"You agreed not to come near my family," Isaac said angrily.
I have more orders for you, He responded.
"You couldn't wait for us at the hotel!?" Isaac demanded. "You said you'd leave them alone! You know my brother's terrified of you!"
It is not your place to question my actions, He replied.
"But what about our deal!?" Isaac almost shouted. "You shouldn't be here!"
Slender Man quickly wrapped a tentacle around Isaac's throat and pinned him against a tree.
That's enough, Slender Man said angrily. There is a large group of campers in the area. Find and crush all of them. If you refuse, you can say goodbye to your brother.


So yeah, we now have a new mission. Kill campers. If there's a large number in this town, then they must be up to something. We'll have to watch our backs.

Another worrying thing. Isaac had a pretty bad coughing fit while we were at his parents house. I think his time might be running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment