Monday, May 14, 2012

Failure

The plan didn't work out. This morning, The Illusionist and I went to investigate the hotel that Ren's been staying at, and learn it's layout. After getting the information we needed, we regrouped with the others.

We tried to take Ren by surprise, but it didn't work as we planned. The Illusionist went with Sound and Lotus to confront him, while Gamer and I waiting in the building across the street with sniper rifles aimed in Ren's window. Next thing I knew, the wall was destroyed and a giant wooden arm flung The Illusionist through the gaping hole. I was afraid he was going to smash into the ground bellow, but to my surprise, he opened up a portal in midair and vanished into the Path of Black Leaves. Ren then jumped to the ground bellow, extended his arm to enormous proportions and attacked me and Gamer. We managed to avoid most of the structural damage caused by his strike, but Gamer's leg was broken and we were disarmed.

The Illusionist, Lotus, and Sound continued to fight Ren, but he was putting up a large fight. Fortunately, he was mostly attacking illusions. I had dragged Gamer a little while away from the battle, where I thought he'd be safe. It was then that I saw another figure approaching the battle confidently. I recognized him immediately; It was Martyr Beta.

"Hey, you're Malkator's old friend right?" He shouted to Ren. "No hard feelings, but I have orders to take you out."

I charged at him, stopping a few feet away and aiming a handgun at his face. He chuckled at the sight. Luckily for me, he didn't recognize me with my mask on.

"You got something against my interference?" He asked.
"No, just against you in general," I replied, pulling the trigger. Before the bullet could reach him, he was somehow ably to draw the zweihander across his back and cut the bullet in half in midair. I'm not even sure how that's possible. He was about to charge at me, when I heard Sound yelling at me to cover my ears. His weapon then collided with Beta's sword.

I should probably explain how Sound's weapon works. It looks like a large metal pipe attached to a sword hilt, but it's a bit more complex than that. The weapon's internal structure is designed to amplify sound waves, so when the two swords collided, the CLANG! was 20 times as loud as it would have normally been. Beta stumbled back, clutching his head in pain. Sound, who had in earplugs, was unaffected.

It was then that I heard The Illusionist's voice in my head, saying We're retreating now! Get into the Path and return to the base! NOW!


I didn't need telling twice. Sound and I lifted up Gamer and went to the Path of Black Leaves. The Illusionist was already there, supporting and injured Lotus.

We're at the base now. I treated Gamer and Lotus earlier. We're gonna get them some proper medical care as soon as we can find a hospital that isn't operated by Oathbreakers. Sound's been awfully quiet. The Illusionist spent a while pacing back and forth angrily (I'm pretty sure it was the real him. I don't see why he'd go through the effort of making an illusion pace so much.) then he announced that he had a new plan but he needed to run it by the Master and he left.

I don't know what his new plan is, but if he needs to talk to Slender Man about, then I doubt it can be good.

There's another thing that worries me. Malkator mentioned in his last post (http://malkator.blogspot.com/2012/05/day-1.html) that the Enhanced don't live very long. The Illusionist is an Enhanced. I haven't noticed him suffering for any health problems, but that might just be one of his illusions. I hope he'll be alright.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... well, I think you just gave a little too much away friend.

    Should be interesting when the mask comes off.

    ReplyDelete