Friday, May 18, 2012

The Game Master

Something interesting happened today. The Illusionist pathed in looking frustrated. I asked him what was wrong, but he didn't answer, just started pacing. It started to irritate me so I decided to grab him by the scruff of the neck and demand that he tell me what was going on. He didn't object at all.

"I've been looking for Malkator," He said.
"So where is he?" I asked.
"I don't know," He replied. "He mentioned in his blog that he wound up on a beach, so I tried searching as many coastal towns as I could. No luck."
"Maybe he already went to Daniel's location," I suggested.
"I checked Daniel's town too," He said. "I didn't find any clues."

He sat around trying to think of where he could've gone. A few minutes later, Slender Man appeared. The Illusionist immediately bowed to him and explained the situation.

The Demi-God is no longer in this world, Slender Man said to us.
"What?" I asked. "Are you saying he died?"
Of course not, He said. He's been taken by the Game Master.
"Who is the Game Master?" The Illusionist asked. "Is he a new Fear?"
He could hardly be consider new, was Slender Man's response. He is one of the oldest among us. He has been dormant for several centuries. However, he seems to have decided to re-enter the fray.
"Really," The Illusionist asked.
Yes, He replied. We met for the first time in a while almost a month ago. He said he was planning something big, but didn't say much more beyond that.
"A month ago?" I asked. "Isn't that about the same time Malkator got his powers?"
Yes, He said. There is no way that this is a coincidence. The fact that he's brought the Demi-God to The Board confirms this.
"The Board?" asked The Illusionist.
The name off his realm, Slender Man explained. He has brought other's there as well as the Demi-God.
"Who?" I asked.
He has taken some of my Enhanced, as well as servants of many of the other Deities. The Second Demi-God is there as well, along with some humans.
"What are your orders?" The Illusionist asked.
I will look into this myself. I want you and your team to take some time to recover for the time being. Await further orders.
I can still be of use to you," The Illusionist insisted.
This seemed to irritate Slender Man, because he spouted some tentacles and began waving them threateningly. He then said If you continue to question my orders, I will disembowel your brother and use his intestines to write your name in cursive on the sidewalk. Then he vanished.

I've never seen The Illusionist in fear before. That being said, it was pretty weird to see him cowering on his hands and knees like that.
"You never told us you had a brother," I said to him.
"I don't want to talk about it," He said. Then he got up and started to leave.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"I going to my room to recover," He replied. "As the Master ordered."

So yeah, that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment